You spend a lot of time playing Steam games. You’ve made the decision to take screenshots. How do you do that, and where can you get the screenshots on Steam? Here are the details:
The term “Steam” needs no introduction in the world of gaming, particularly in PC gaming. However, for those who are unaware, it is a digital video game distribution platform developed by Valve.
Steam is one of the most popular gaming platforms, with over 30,000 games under its belt. And, as a gamer, you surely like taking screenshots of your triumphs while playing. Furthermore, snapping a screenshot on Steam is the quickest way to report a technical problem.
Though the Steam UI has been upgraded and is more user-friendly, many individuals still do not know how to access or locate the screenshots they have taken in-game.
If you’ve recently begun using Steam and don’t know how to take screenshots or where to find them on your device, keep reading. You’re ready to record your best gaming moments on Steam. This tutorial will show you how to snap screenshots in Steam games on Mac or Windows.
Accessing the Screenshot Folder in Steam
- Step 1: Accessing the Screenshot Folder in Steam First and foremost, launch the Steam client.
- Step 2: After launching the Steam client, navigate to the “view” tab and then to the “screenshots” option.
- Step 3: A new window will appear, from which you can choose which game screenshots to view. Furthermore, to identify the screenshots directory, select the “show on disc” button.
After selecting the show on disc option, a folder containing all screenshots will appear, and the path to the screenshot folder may be found in the path bar.
How can I alter the location of the screenshots folder?
- Step 1: In the top left corner of the Steam client, click on the “Steam” tab, and then in the drop-down menu, select the Settings option.
- Step 2: A new window will appear, as shown below. Click on the “In-Game” option in the right menu, then on the “Screenshot Folder.”
- Note: From the panel displayed above, you can modify the hotkey to snap screenshots in-game.
- Step 3: A new window will emerge, and from there, you can choose which folder you want your new screenshots saved in.
You have now successfully learned how to find and alter the screenshot directory in Steam. These are a few methods for determining where steam screenshots are kept.
How do you get your SteamID?
If you don’t remember your SteamID, you can find it by launching the Steam client. Select View from the drop-down menu. Go to the interface and check the box that says “Display Steam URL address when accessible.” Check it out and save it.
Now navigate to your Steam Profile and select View profile. The number at the end of the URL is your SteamID, and you may use it to find your saved photographs as previously stated.
Although your Windows or Mac computer may offer several ways to capture a screenshot, it may not be as enjoyable as having an application with such a diverse set of capabilities. As a gamer, you should make your screenshots as artistic as possible.
I hope this article was helpful to you!