We saw that most of the time our Left Or Right One AirPod Not Working. There are lots of reasons behind it.
The bestselling wireless earphones the “AirPods” by Apple doesn’t give any loophole to its customers to complain. AirPods are a revolutionary product launched by Apple. And since then, its popularity has grown immensely among the customers. And that’s because they are very comfortable and stylish. With that, they offer a great experience to their customers and the sound quality is awesome. And of course, the name “Apple” is enough to sell this product. The life of the product is great and it is IP68 dust and water-resistant which makes it more practical and people can use them on any occasion, then it doesn’t matter if you are swimming with them or running, they will give you the same experience everywhere.
After all this, the AirPods still give some issues like rapid draining of battery, poor connectivity with the device and the right or left AirPod not working. So if you find any problem discussed, don’t worry, you are not alone in the room who is facing this problem. Many customers around the world have faced or are facing this problem. The reason behind this can be technical glitches, battery drainage, no proper charging, ageing of the hardware and many more.
But the most common factor can be the dirt that gets inside the speaker or microphone of the AirPods. So, today on this topic we will share some tips with you on the problem of one Airpod not working. So, stay with us and see if something works to fix your AirPod.
- 1 Tips to solve One AirPod Not Working
- 1.1 #1. You must make sure that the AirPods are clean:
- 1.2 #2. Check the battery status of the AirPods:
- 1.3 #3. Keep an eye on the Sound Balance if one Airpod is not working:
- 1.4 #4. Reconnect by forgetting the AirPods to your iOS device:
- 1.5 #5. Resetting the AirPods:
- 1.6 #6. Restarting the iPhone:
- 1.7 #7. Resetting/Changing the network settings:
- 1.8 #8. Updating Software:
Tips to solve One AirPod Not Working
#1. You must make sure that the AirPods are clean:
If you are hearing a crack, jarring or breaking voice from one or both of the AirPods, then it can be the dirt, lint or the small microparticles that gets inside the AirPods while using it. To clean this, you can use cotton swabs. But make sure that the swabs are clean and dry. And if your AirPods come in contact with any damaging substances like soap, lotions, shampoo or any other product, clean it with a cloth soaked in fresh water and then let the AirPod dry for some time. Give at least 10 to 15 minutes to let it dry.
#2. Check the battery status of the AirPods:
The next problem can be related to the battery status of your AirPod. If your right or left AirPod is not working, then one of the reasons can be the battery life of the AirPod. Maybe the AirPod is not properly or correctly charged. This is because you may be using the AirPods for noise cancellations or attending voice calls via AirPods for long hours. This drains the battery of the AirPods faster than you think. Not only this if your AirPods are aged, then you must use them properly for short period to let them breathe a little in their old age. Not only this try to clean them and if possible service them.
When the battery of your AirPods is low, then a notification will pop up showing the battery percentage on your iPhone or iPod. The alert notifications will pop up when the AirPods will be left with 20, 10 and 5 per cent battery. Apart from this, you will hear a tone reminding you to charge the AirPods. Not only this you can also keep track of the battery percentage from the control centre. The following steps will give you the access to control panel:
- To access the control panel, swipe down from the top-right edge/corner of the screen. Now, tap on the AirPlay icon, which is at the top right corner of the music card.
- Here, you will be able to see the battery percentage of the AirPods that are connected with your device. And, if the battery of any one of the AirPod is already dead, then it will show the battery percentage for the one currently working.
To charge them, put your AirPods in its case properly. Let them charge for some time and then try using them and see if both of them are working perfectly.
#3. Keep an eye on the Sound Balance if one Airpod is not working:
Anything is possible, according to the motivational speakers. So, this can also be possible that the sound balance is shifted to only one of the either AirPod from the audio accessibility settings. And not only this, maybe the audio volume between the two AirPods is not balanced. To overcome the one Airpod not working problem, balance the volume of both the AirPods. To make sure that the volume is balanced, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings, click on Accessibility, then go to Audio/Visual and then go to fine-tune the audio volume balance by dragging the slider right or left. It should be at the centre ideally.
#4. Reconnect by forgetting the AirPods to your iOS device:
One more tip can be that, you may reconnect your AirPods to your device by forgetting it and then reconnecting it with your phone or tab. To do this follow the steps:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone or iPad and click on Bluetooth. Then, tap on the “i” button which is next to the connected AirPod.
- Scroll down the screen and tap the “Forget This Device” option. A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to forget the device. Click on “Forget”.
- Now reconnect the AirPods with your iPhone or iPad. Put both the AirPods in their case and bring them close to your iPhone or iPad and open the lid. An animation will appear on the screen which will say Tap to “Connect”.
#5. Resetting the AirPods:
If the AirPods are still not working, try resetting them. Maybe this time you will be free from this problem as it has worked for a number of users. To reset your AirPods follow the procedure:
- Go to Settings, head to Bluetooth. Then tap on the “I” button next to the connected AirPods. Now tap the “Forget This Device” and tap the “Forget” to complete the action.
Now that the AirPods are reset, now open the Lid of the AirPod Case, and hold the Setup button for 15 seconds which is on the centre of the case. After holding the button for 15 seconds an orange light called the Status Light will start flashing. After this, you can reconnect your AirPods again to your iPhone or iPad. Now to reconnect your AirPods, bring the Case near to your device with its lid open and connect the AirPods to the device.
#6. Restarting the iPhone:
The simplest thing to solve the issues related to phones or electronic devices is to restart or reboot the devise. And this simple idea works most of the time and give positive results. To restart your iPhone or iPad, unlock the phone with your Face ID or Pin or with Touch ID, then press and hold the side button with either volume button, then drag the power off slider to shut your device down. After that hold the side button to turn your device back on.
#7. Resetting/Changing the network settings:
The network problem is directly related to your connectivity problem. If the network is not good or fluctuating, then your connection with your AirPods will also be troublesome. You can get rid of the one AirPod not working by resetting or changing the network settings. But before proceeding, let me warn you that all the saved network settings will be changed and all the saved Wi-Fi networks and Bluetooth devices will be wiped out. If still want to proceed, follow the steps:
- Go to Settings, tap on General, then select Reset and then select Reset Network Settings.
After doing this your network settings will be reset.
#8. Updating Software:
Since technology is developing day by day to save human time and energy, the AirPods also update themselves without any extra effort. The AirPods auto-update themselves via Bluetooth when they are connected to your iPhone or iPad. This is because they work in Sync. But you have to make sure that your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest version of iOS. This is necessary as the new updates are given as the old software has some glitches or issues which are solved or resolved in the latest version. So, do make sure that the latest version is running on your devices to avoid issues and glitches. But if somehow you don’t know that how to update the software, follow us:Swipe down
- Go to Settings, Tap General and the go-to Software Update. Then download the latest version of iOS if you are using the older version.
With this, you will be able to use the latest version.
So, that is all on how to fix the one AirPod not working problem. I hope this is useful.