This channel at its core belongs to the revving hearts of youth & their love for music entertainment. This is the place for all the big players of the Music industry, as it boasts to have the latest music albums, reality shows & goofy gossip. Available to you at ease, thanks to platforms like Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Samsung, Android or Smart TV & Amazon Firestick.
This is a handheld guide to set up your musical journey & revamp your listening experience by setting up MTV, across all devices and platforms. So, without any further delay, let’s just dive into it!
- 1 Activating the MTV device via mtv.com/activate
- 2 Setting up MTV on a Smart TV
- 3 Setting up MTV on Roku
- 4 Setting up MTV on an iOS / Apple TV
- 5 Activating MTV on your Amazon FireStick
- 6 Activating MTV on Android TV
- 7 Setting up MTV on Samsung Smart TV
- 8 Activating MTV on Xbox:
- 9 Activating MTV on Web Browser
- 10 Setting up MTV on PlayStation 4
- 11 Want to Stream MTV without a cable subscription
- 12 How to avoid MTV streaming problems?
- 13 Frequently Asked Questions –
- 13.1 Q – Is It Possible to watch MTV with no TV Service Provider?
- 13.2 Q – How to find out if My MTV Subscription is Active?
- 13.3 Q – What To do If I lose my MTV username and Password?
- 13.4 Q – If my TV provider has not been listed, can I still watch MTV on my TV?
- 13.5 Q – How much does MTV cost?
- 13.6 Q – What happens if my activation code doesn’t work?
- 13.7 Q – Is it possible to watch MTV on Amazon Prime?
- 13.8 Q – Why isn’t my activation code working?
- 13.9 Q – Is the MTV app not working?
- 14 Conclusion:
Activating the MTV device via mtv.com/activate
- Step into the ‘App Store‘, on your device & seek suitable applications which will enable you to watch MTV.
- Download the app and run it on your device. The installation progresses automatically, once the app gets downloaded.
- From a list of given TV service providers, choose your suitable option. An activation code will be generated on – http://mtv.com/activate
- This is the very code that will lead you to the MTV device activation page.
- For the completion of the activation process, you will be asked to sign in to your TV Service provider account.
- Activation has to be done via – mtv.com/activation. Once you feed into your code, it verifies that you have a running account with your, above-selected, TV Service Provider.
- Once the verification is done, you will access all the MTV libraries using your device of choice.
Also Read: Dishanywhere.com/activate – How to activate DISH Anywhere on Various Devices?
How to Reset the MTV device activation code?
If the original MTV activation code proves to be non-functional, one can always rely on the following steps in order to reset it.
- Move to the “Settings” page and tap on the ‘Regenerate Code’ button.
- After pressing the ‘Regenerate Code’ button, you should be provided with a new system-generated code.
- Enter this newly generated code on the MTV Activation webpage at – mtv.com/activate.
- Once it verifies the new activation code, you will be asked to sign in to your TV Service provider to complete activation.
Setting up MTV on a Smart TV
Surf up to – mtv.com/activate & follow the given commands earnestly, to level up your music experience on your Smart Tv.
- Open up the channel app store or the app store available on your device. (For eg.- in Roku, it goes by the name of ‘Channel Store’)
- Browse MTV on the internet, and then launch the MTV app on your device.
- MTV app will be up & running on your Smart Tv using the Activation Code ( which you just generated, following the above-mentioned steps).
- On your PC or any mobile web browser, surf up to the URL -mtv.com/activate.
- Once you have been prompted to choose your TV Service provider and the associated Login ID & Password, you are needed to feed in the required details.
- Voila! Welcome MTV on the widescreen of your Smart TV.
Setting up MTV on Roku
The following steps will guide you to set up MTV on your Roku device.
- Tap onto your HOME button present on your Roku Remote controller to reach the Roku Home Page. ( Roku.com/link)
- Select the stream Channel from the available options.
- Scroll down to reach – ‘Search’ and type the keyword ‘MTV’, with the help of the on-screen keyboard.
- Go to, the ‘Add Channel’ option, to add MTV to your Roku device. Furthermore, to open up the MTV app, locate the channel, once it has been added.
- Once you are into the MTV app, locate the ‘Sign In’ option and feed in your account details to generate an activation code on your TV screen.
- On another device, go to – mtv.com/activate– using any web browser available on the device.
- You will now be asked to punch in your Activation Code.
- Punch in the correct Activation code in the space given and then press the ‘continue’ button. Choose the suitable TV Service provider from the drop-down list and provide your credentials.
- Once done, you will be all set to welcome MTV content, once the screen refreshes on its own. enjoy!
Setting up MTV on an iOS / Apple TV
Adhere to the following commands to correctly activate MTV onto your Apple Tv.
- Kickstart your Apple TV. ( activate.apple.com )
- Starting from the Home Screen, reach to the App Store.
- Type in “MTV’ in the search bar present in the top right corner with the help of the On-screen Keyboard.
- From the list of results, choose the Official MTV app. Move to the MTV app page and click on the ‘Install’ button.
- After its completion, launch it and look for a sign-in option. Provide your MTV account details in the appropriate field.
- You will be given an activation code and by using your smartphone, open up its browser and surf up to the address – mtv.com/activate Apple Tv.
- Insert the activation code, you were provided before in the space provided, and smash that ‘Continue’ button.
- Choose your TV provider from the drop-down menu and log in with the account provided by your TV service provider.
Activating MTV on your Amazon FireStick
Scroll down through the following series of steps, to get to know – How one can activate MTV on his/her Amazon FireStick:-
- Begin by going to your Home Screen and choosing the ‘Search option’. Reach out to its menu and search for ‘MTV’ in the apps store.
- After selecting the MTV app from the list of options, the app will get installed in your AmazonFireStick on its own.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to generate an Activation Code on your TV.
- Get hold of another device and browse ‘mtv.com/activate’ in its web browser.
- Punch in your activation code via mtv.com/activate in the space provided.
- Once done, enter in your TV service Provider’s name & account information.
- After logging yourself in with the credentials offered by your TV service provider, the screen will automatically refresh itself, allowing you now, to stream all of MTV content, seamlessly.
Activating MTV on Android TV
- From the comfort of the Home Screen, visit its Play Store.
- Making use of the offered virtual keyboard, go on to the search icon to look for ‘MTV’.
- From the list of results, select MTV. You will be brought to the MTV web page, from where you can install it easily. Once done, with the installation procedure, launch the app.
- Feed in your MTV account to generate an activation code. Through any other device visit – mtv.com/activate.
- Insert your unique code, in the appropriate field and click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- Choose the suitable TV Service provider and log in using the account provided by that service.
- Congrats! Here you go, dancing to your favorite dance number, all by the virtue of your Android TV.
Setting up MTV on Samsung Smart TV
Visit mtv.com/activate and follow the instructions to get MTV on your Samsung Smart TV. These steps are mentioned below –
- Navigate through the sea of icon and search “Apps’ on the Samsung Home Screen.
- Look out for ‘MTV’ and move ahead to install it on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Click on the app in order to launch it and continue to Sign In.
- Once done, activate your account mtv.com/activate, and follow the steps above.
- In order to stream MTV, log in with your TV provider credentials after activation.
- Here, you have it! Limitless music of your choice, at the comfort of your Samsung Smart TV.
Activating MTV on Xbox:
Not only for hardcore gaming but your Xbox gaming console can also be used for a seamless musical adventure too! Follow the given steps to set up your Xbox for a musical journey:-
- Fire up your Xbox and double-check that you are connected to a high-speed Internet connection.
- Make use of the available on-screen keyboard to search for ‘MTV’ under the Xbox channel. After rolling off the search results, choose the MTV App.
- The installation procedure is a bit tedious.
- Open up the app, after a while, the screen pops up to enquire about the activation code.
- Move to another device, reach up to mtv.com/activate and generate an activation code. From there, punch in the code and smash that “Continue” button.
- Fill in your TV service provider’s details to log in.
- Here you have a beast that can offer a hardcore gaming experience and at the same time, you can also savor the taste of music.
Also Read: How to get Activate Peacocktv.com/tv on Various Device?
Activating MTV on Web Browser
Let’s get you started on listening to your favorite album titles, on your web browser. So let’s go!
- Power up your device and launch the MTV app and select your TV Service Provider.
- You will be given an activation code, on your device screen.
- Surf up the address – mtv.com/activate to activate MTV on a web browser from your smartphone or computer system.
- Insert the Activation code, generated above, and tap onto ‘Activate’.
- Lastly, feed in your TV Service Provider details and with this done, you can stream music all on a go , whether you are in a subway with your phone or at your workstation with your computer system!
Setting up MTV on PlayStation 4
To run MTV app on PS4 via the – mtv.com/activate link and stroll through the below-given steps ;
- Locate the PlayStation store via the home screen on your PS4. Tap onto the ‘Search’ button and look for ‘MTV’.
- Once the search results have been rolled out, select to install the ‘MTV‘ app. Now, the screen will light up to show you an Activation code.
- Browse – mtv.com/activate with a smartphone or a web browser. Punch in with your Activation code and smash onto the ‘Activate ‘ button.
- Feed it in your credentials and enjoy streaming music on your favourite gaming console.
Want to Stream MTV without a cable subscription
All of the above-given algorithm will let you stream music over the MTV app but, mandatorily asks for a Cable Operator & a TV provider. There is another way by which you can bypass this requirement and can use your internet streaming services to view MTV. An array of steaming platforms include MTV channels as a part of their subscription plans. Some of these streaming platforms include –
- Youtube TV ( video on demand )
- Fubo TV
Youtube TV ( video on Demand )
YouTube TV, is a vertical of the world’s most popular video-sharing/ search engine, i.e YOUTUBE.
One of the leaders in this field, Youtube TV is not only equipped with the titles of MTV but 60 additional channels such as, AMC, Travel Channel, HGTV, FX, FreeForm, TruTV, Disney and others are also included in its $64.99/month membership plan.
As a bonus, you can record as many of your heart-touching moments as you like – on their Cloud DVR Storage.
A maximum of # people can stream YouTube TV simultaneously. Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Android, iOS, Android TV, Samsung smart TV, LG Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV and various other devices are also supported.
Its monthly subscription includes all MTV Channels, with an additional treat of 30 other leading channels, just for $41/month. This list includes A&E, MSNBC, TBS TLC, Travel Channel and many others.
- Users are given an allowance to save up to 50 hrs of content on their Cloud DVR.
- Usage is restricted to only 1 person at a time.
- Apple Tv, Android Tv, Amazon Fire TV, iOS, Android, Roku, Smart TV and many other supported devices.
In the country of the United States, FuboTV is one of the leading streaming services. It offers a wide range of entertainment channels which, obviously, includes our personal favourite – MTV, as a part of their $64.99 per month subscription plan, including 90+ other channels as well. This list can go very long but a few of its marvels include – A&E, BET, Bravo, Comedy Central, ESPN, Food Network, VH1, MSNBC, WE TV, SYFY and so on.
- It also favours you by providing an option to record 250 hrs of mind-boggling content in their cloud DVR STORAGE.
- As many as 3 people/devices can stream content at one time.
- A&E, BET, Comedy Central, VH1, History, SyFy and others are the sponsors.
Philo is making its debut in the streaming market, but maybe for the same reason, it is the most pocket-friendly mode to watch MTV. For a mere $25/month, one can enjoy seamless entertainment with just a click. Offers MTV and 60+ other channels, including A&E, AMC, BET, HGTV, Food Network and several more.
MOST POPULAR TITLES ON MTV
- Teen Wolf
- Finding Carter
- Teen Mom
- Wild N Out
- The Hills: New Beginnings
- The Challenge
- Jersey Shore Family Vacations
- Video Music Awards
Fun Fact: Watch MTV on a Mobile Device
- Select a compatible mobile phone to view MTV.
- Connect the device with a high-speed network.
- Next, move up to the App Store. Start by typing the ‘Channel’ name.
- Once, the search results are rolled out and you get the app for your smartphone.
- Tap on the app and then activate it via – mtv.com/activate, by using a web browser.
- If prompted, go on to feed it in your details of TV Service Provider. Make sure to enter the correct username and the password for your TV Service Provider.
- NOw you can enjoy your favourite titles in the comfort of your palm!
You can stream MTV channels without cable by purchasing the live channel packages listed below
- Sling TV
- Fubo TV
- AT&T TV Now
- Select the best package to get MTV Channel Access
- You can also stream MTV channels on other devices
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Chrome cast
How to avoid MTV streaming problems?
- Verify the compatibility of your device
- Do not connect your device to a slow-speed network.
- Restart your device
Also Read: Univision.com/activate – How to activate Univision on Roku, Fire TV, Hulu, Smart TV?
Frequently Asked Questions –
Q – Is It Possible to watch MTV with no TV Service Provider?
This question really translates into the fact that you are in no mood to pay, even a minor subscription fee to your TV Service Provider. No matter how weird, it might seem, this is nothing new, my friend! It can also be the case wherein, you are unable to sign in to MTV or your activation code isn’t working. Again, a very common issue. Now, what to do?
Well, some streaming devices can allow you to watch restricted content on the MTV app without a TV provider. The library will be severely restricted, and your favourite shows most likely won’t be accessible.
Another option is to use another streaming service that includes MTV in its package. This will eliminate the need to have a TV provider. For example, you can watch MTV on Amazon Prime if you have an active Prime Video subscription
Q – How to find out if My MTV Subscription is Active?
This can be easily checked, as a confirmation page will be lit up, stating that the activation was successful. This means that Xbox can now Stream MTV content once your setup procedure was performed with true precision. YOu can play TV episodes or movies in the television listings menu.
Q – What To do If I lose my MTV username and Password?
Simple, just contact your TV Service Provider to reset it.
Q – If my TV provider has not been listed, can I still watch MTV on my TV?
If your TV provider isn’t listed, You cannot stream MTV on your device. MTV, however, is working on getting all cable providers to allow MTV to flow on their devices.
Q – How much does MTV cost?
MTV is free. It is included with your TV provider’s account.
Q – What happens if my activation code doesn’t work?
MTV is available on streaming services such as Sling TV and Philo.
Q – Is it possible to watch MTV on Amazon Prime?
You can watch MTV on Amazon Prime Video. However, you will need to have a Prime subscription.
Q – Why isn’t my activation code working?
Double-check to see if you submitted a valid code. If your code has expired, try obtaining a new one from your device and submitting it again. Reinstall the MTV app and follow the on-screen instructions once more.
Q – Is the MTV app not working?
Verify that you are correctly connected to the Internet. For MTV to stream smoothly, the connection speed must be enough to make sure your device’s software is up to date. Disable any third-party app that causes a problem. Uninstall and reinstall the MTV app.
This document is made to serve the sole purpose, to acquaint you with ways to access MTV app on different apps, devices, services and platforms. If in any case you were helped, with this article, just smile and that would be my real evaluation of my efforts! Hope now you are, above the seven skies as you and your partner in crime – MTV, is as close to you, as you always wanted it to be! See You next time.
Leave a Reply